Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fitting Exercise Into Your Life

Hello students!  Several of you asked me last week about the Komen 3-day for the Cure walk.  While this walk is not directly related to the Cardiovascular system, the addition of exercise is.  I wanted to provide you with several links to spur you onto adding exercise into your general schedule and then hopefully, aiding your patients into adding exercise into theirs!

The Komen 3-day walk was an incredible experience for me last year.  I won't be walking this year as I will be finishing up my MSN and have limited time for the weekly training walks.  Each Saturday, there is typically a training walk somewhere in San Diego County.  They range from 3 mile walks to the walk that we discussed which involved taking a train to Oceanside and walking back!  All were a great source of exercise and camaraderie with the other walkers.  If you would like more information  on the Komen 3 Day Walk, click below and it will take you to their sign up page.

Komen 3 day for a Cure

I look forward to seeing you all in class for our final week of Cardiac! 

No comments:

Post a Comment