Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life Outside the Comfort Zone

Hello students!  I look forward to an interesting term learning from each other.  The name of this blog was chosen from my own experiences as a student.  I remember being constantly challenged to move outside of my comfort zone and learn everything that I could.  This was one of the best pieces of advice that I ever received as a student nurse.  My hope is that you locate your comfort zone and wave goodbye to it.  Nursing is all about being a life long leaner and gleaming the most information out of ever encounter. 

We have fifteen weeks together and a variety of topics to cover this term.  I will post additional material on the blog several times a week so please check it on a regular basis.  I will also post the power point presentations to allow you additional study material.  The notes will be handed out in class, but as many of you prefer the actual power point slides and the accompanying graphics, they will be made available.

I look forward to a productive term.  I will see you all in class next week!

2 comments:

  1. Sheri, Good start. The rubric says 10-12 blog entries. The entries should be spaced out. I suggest you start doing one a day. Simply posting a link is not enough--why is link there are there questions associated witht he link. You will also be graded on creativity. Please also view the other blogs. MAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog -- I can see how you will use this to communication important information to students. Sh

    ReplyDelete