Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Memory Book of Nursing

Hello students!  Many of you expressed interest in the picture tools that I drop into the PowerPoint's.  I discovered these graphics when I was a student and being a visual learner, they helped me understand concepts and study for the NCLEX.  The Memory Books of Nursing are the brain child of the Nursing Educational Consultants.  This link will take you to their website.  You can purchase the books separately or buy the CD.  I have had several students download the images onto their phone or Ipod and use them as study tools on the go.  You can also find them on FaceBook.  Typically they will post a few free pictures every week. 

Here are some examples.  I will continue to drop them into the PowerPoint's (PPT) as appropriate.  The Nursing Educational Consultants designed the CD to be used with PPT by educators.  I have, however, seen students that had a great deal of success using them as ongoing study tools.

I will see you all back in class.  Remember that homework is due on Tuesday after your holiday weekend.  Do not come to school on Monday....the rest of us will be enjoying the day elsewhere!

Have a good weekend after your clinical rotation this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment